Saint Andrew's and All Saints Society
St Andrew's Church
Wednesday, 24 November 2021 in 40m (6–3–24)
1260 Doubles (1m/1v)
(being: 720 GRANDSIRE - 4 exts & 240 Morris and 540 APRIL DAY - 4 exts & 60.)
1–2 Christopher C P Woodcock (C)
3 Yvonne A Woodcock
4 Paul Sharp
5 Michael Christie
6 Robert H Harvey
The Annual Village Benefactors Memorial Quarter Peal.
Rung with the bells half muffled by the local band in memory of two of Potterhanworth’s most significant residents/benefactors, who both died on 24th Nov but 250 years apart.
Dr RICHARD SMITH, Lord of the Manor, (died on 24th November 1602), who set up & founded the Christ’s Hospital Endowment for the young people of this village, originally funding them to attend the Bluecoat school in Lincoln, Christ’s Hospital School which he founded. The Endowment now gives out annual grants to the village children each Christmas Eve towards educational expenses and extra curricular activities.
Revd ARTHUR HENRY ANSON (died 24th November 1859), who was Rector of this Parish from 4th May 1847 up to his death on 24th November 1859. Reverend Anson was a great friend to the village of Potterhanworth and was responsible for the rebuilding of the present Church in 1856, the building of the new village school known as the “Anson School” in 1855 and the re-hanging of the original three bells (the present back three) in 1858.
(No. 499) (Rung also for the Lincoln Diocesan Guild)
|Copyright © 2012–21, The Ringing World.|