Lincolnshire Association
St Oswald
Saturday, 14 March 2020 in 2h 47 (8–3–26)
5040 Minor (7m)
(being one extent each: 1. Oswald D; 2. Single Court B; 3. Cambridge S; 4. Single Oxford B; 5. Kent TB; 6. Plain B; 7. Oxford TB; 6 different callings.)
1 Jane A Aked
2 Lynda M Lazzerini
3 Colin Aked
4 Philip R Wild
5 Paul Sharp
6 Christopher C P Woodcock (C)
Rung to mark the centenary of the Dedication of Blankney Bells after they were rehung in a new metal eight bell frame on all new fittings, and augmented from five to six by adding a new treble by John Taylor & Co of Loughborough. The Dedication Service took place here at St Oswald’s on 14th March 1920 and was led by the Lord Bishop of Lincoln the Rt. Rev’d. William Swayne. Also remembering Fred Stokes who was Tower Captain here in 1920 and was responsible for the Restoration of the bells.
The Weekly Journal for Church Bell Ringers since 1911