Wigford Society of Change Ringers
Parish and Civic Church of St Mary-le-Wigford
Saturday, 12 September 2020 in 20m (6–1–17)
600 Reverse Canterbury Place Minimus
(Rung on all four bells, being 25 extents)
1 Yvonne A Woodcock
2–3 Christopher C P Woodcock (C)
4 Paul Sharp
Rung at the request of the Vicar during the Medieval Market being held down in the Church for the Heritage Open Days Weekend.
St Mary’s is the oldest Church in Lincoln which has been continuously open as a place of worship, standing here for over a thousand years, and even pre dates the Cathedral (the big Church on the hill). St Mary’s also houses the oldest ring of bells in the City all dating from 1616 & 1636 pre the English Civil War.
The ringing took place using a combination of family members who live in the same household, social/support bubbles and social distancing with all the ringers wearing face coverings.
(No. 2 of 2 - rung starting at 2.45pm)
Click on image to go to the Keltek website