Beverley and District Ringing Society
Kingston upon Hull
33 Westbourne Avenue
Sunday, 22 September 2019 in 52m (13E)
1778 Plain Minor
2 Changes of Kent TB, 336 & 2 x 720 Plain Bob.
1–2 Christine M Church
3–4 Karen A Lane
5–6 Peter Church (C)
Rung to mark the opening on 22nd September 1778 of "The Dock" in Hull; at the time of opening it was the largest dock in the UK. The Dock became "The Old Dock" and then in 1855 it became "Queen's Dock". The dock closed in 1930 and was filled in and re-opened in 1935 as Queen's Gardens.
A ground plaque is illuminated by the Hull Solar Gate, located in Queen's Gardens, 14:15 each 22nd September.
The 200th handbell quarter peal of Minor for the Society.
400th Quarter peal: 5-6.
For the Hull Handbells project.
1 person likes this
|Copyright © 2012–22, The Ringing World.|