The City of Lincoln Company of Civic Bell Ringers
Parish and Civic Church of St Mary-le-Wigford
Friday, 7 April 2017 in 44m (6–1–17)
1272 Single Court Place Minimus
(being 53 extents)
1 Yvonne A Woodcock
2 Jean Williams
3 Christopher C P Woodcock (C)
4 Robert H Harvey
Rung during the Freedom Parade of RAF Waddington & RAF Scampton marking both bases close connections to the City, with RAF Waddington stand immediately to the south of the City and RAF Scampton standing immediately to the north of the City.
The quarter peal was rung whilst 100 personnel from RAF Waddington & RAF Scampton exercised their right to parade through the City of Lincoln with Colours flying, bayonets fixed and bands playing. The parade was led by the RAF Waddington Pipes and Drums.
The Parade set off from St Martin’s Square at the top of the High Street passing through the Stonebow and Guildhall before coming to a halt at the City War Memorial just up the High Street from St Mary le Wigford, where the official salute was given to the Right Worshipful the Mayor of Lincoln, Councillor Yvonne Bodger, Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant for the County of Lincolnshire, Mr Toby Dennis, the City Sheriff, Mrs Hilary Willerton, to members of the City of Lincoln Civic Party and to other City Dignitaries. This was then followed by a fly-past by planes stationed at both RAF Waddington & RAF Scampton, before the inspection of the Parade by the Mayor. The Parade then continued down the High Street passing through Cornhill before finally coming to an end at City Square.
Marking the 58th anniversary of RAF Waddington (25th Apr 1959) and the 24th anniversary of RAF Scampton (14th May 1993) being granted the Freedom of the City.
(Rung also for the Lincoln Diocesan Guild)
Buy your merchandise at the RW Shop