The wedding 19 September 1981 at Poslingford
Duck, Duck, Were-Duck ? !
St Martin's Church, Old Thames Hill
Stuart and Dorothy, their son Philip, and the band (from left to right: Angus Campbell, Sarah Hinton, Jon Warbrick, Shirley Warbrick, Stuart Abercrombie, Dorothy Abercrombie, Philip Abercrombie, Marina Warner, Peter Hinton).
Whaplode St Mary's
The conductor's chair!
We might look all at sea but we found the treasure
The band, clockwise from back right
The happy couple
As part of Heritage weekend, a photo of the bells on their return from being recast in 1933, with the tenor in the porch with the verger.
The new pigs
Ruby Wedding anniversary band: l-r Maurice Rose, Tim Forsey, Christine Knight, Richard Knight, Alan Mayle
Wedding day photo: l-r George Perry, John Loveless, Richard Knight, Christine Knight, Walter Perry, Alan Mayle
The band in ringing order clockwise from front right.
The happy band afterwards at the Bordeaux bakery.
The happy band at the Bordeaux Bakery.
St Mary-le-Wigford bells during the 1932 restoration by John Taylor & Co.
St Mary-le-Wigford (front right) looking up the High Street north to Lincoln Cathedral - crica 1307.
St Mary-le-Wigford - the Parish & Civic Church of Lincoln.
The band, in order clockwise from front left
The band afterwards.
All Saints Maidstone
Ringing order L to R, Marina, Dee, Janet, Vee, Naomi, Edie, Phil, David.
The band with the peal board commemorating the peal rung by Denise's grandfather for the wedding of the bride's grandparents.
The restored Spitfire now on display
Overcoming the internet again
80th band outside St Nicholas church.
80th band outside St Nicholas churhc.
The successful Band
The band in order, clockwise from front right.
Revd Josephine Wood (right) after being ordained Deacon by Bishop Guli at Chelmsford Cathedral
The mobel screen
From The Ringing World.
11th clapper ball.
The Bellerophon's collection of Gainsboroughs
The Abbey Church of The Holy Cross in Pershore, Worcestershire.
Pershore Abbey has a ring of eight bells, of which six were cast by the younger Abraham Rudhall in 1729. The treble was cast in 1814 by Thomas Mears of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry. The cracked 4th (also 1729 by Rudhall) was recast by J. Barwell & Sons of Birmingham with "moderate success" in 1897, the same year they were rehung. The largest bell (the tenor) is estimated to weigh 25½ cwt (2856 lbs.) and sounds the note D.
The ringing room, devised as part of Gilbert Scott's 1862-64 restorations, is a metal 'cage' suspended high above the chancel crossing; it is accessed by means of two stone spiral staircases, a walkway through the roof, a squeeze through a narrow passage and a see-through iron staircase.
The bells have the following inscriptions (in capital letters).
1. (Treble) "Joseph Martin and Thomas Evans churchwardens 1814"
2. "Peace and good neighbourhood"
3. "Abr Rudhall of Gloucester cast all of us"
4. "Barwell Founder Birmingham. Prosperity to the Church of England 1729 Recast 1897"
5. "Prosperity to all our benefactors A R 1729"
6. "Walter Marriott and Edmund Gale churchwardens A R 1729"
7. "Richard Roberts Esq John Yeend and Thomas Ashfield Gent[leme]n trustees A R 1729"
8. (Tenor) "I to the Church the living call: And to the grave do summon all"
TDGR AGM 2021 is being held virtually - please do not travel to Calstock as previously advertised.
Happy Birthday Sue!
Valerie & Martin celebrating their Ruby Wedding Anniversary.
The band afterwards